Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Ode to Lemons

A fellow mommy-blogger and tweeter (twitterer?), Simbaco, contacted me last week.

TAG! I'm it! Here's the inside scoop project Lemonade Meme.

I had to do some soul searching to find just the right topic. She posed the challenge (below) and offered the perspective: "I believe sometimes the worst in life can become the best in life."

Rules:

* Copy and paste these rules to your blog post.

* Link back to person who tagged you.

* Write about an incident in your life you first thought was really bad, but ended up being a blessing.

* Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.

* Let each person you tagged know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

(* And if you want some extra good karma - link back to her original Lemonade Meme post too.)

To preface, one of the things that this meme made me realize is just how good my life is. I have a wonderful husband who loves me more than anything in the world, an adorable, perfect little baby boy who is happy and healthy (and sleeps through the night), an extended family who would do anything for me, a wonderful home, comfortable job...all the things I would ever want or need. It was really a challenge to move beyond the daily ups and downs and find a true defining moment.

I had several personal events floating in my head, but they seem so distant. So, I am opting to write about something I am going through right now. It may not be as major as some of the other Lemonade Meme bloggers' events, but I think the message is important so I will say what's on my mind.

I have a lot of changes on the horizon. Suffice to say that I may be turning my life upside-down in the near future (and stay tuned to hear about all these wonderful new developments!). However, in looking at the bigger picture, last week my husband brought me back down to Earth.

Reality Check: None of these things matter!

Who cares where we live or work or what car we drive. Seriously? Should I care? Do you think my son cares? No one who is important in my life really cares. What matters is that my family is together and happy and healthy. That's all that matters.

And because I have them, I am whole.

Sometimes life gets in the way and overshadows what's really important. I have a smiling little boy to remind me why I am here: I'm the best Mommy in the whole wide world to him. And a loving husband kisses my cheek and wakes up beside me every day: I'm be best wife in the world to him. Sure, other women may be better moms or wives to their family, but to mine, I'm the best and that's all that matters.

So, the lemons I've been experiencing these last few months while stressing about making big decisions gave me a big, tall, cool glass of lemonade this weekend - just in time for the warmer Spring weather. I am blessed and I am grateful.

Other decisions? Well, they still are on the horizon. Maybe closer. Who knows? I need to take a step back and realize that fate has a hand in everything that happens. I offer the world my best and if it's meant to be, then it will be. Otherwise, it wasn't right and the invisible hand was guiding me away, telling me to be patient as something better will come along.

Promise?

Promise.

Now, I have to tag a few other bloggers...some are friends, some are my favorite blogs! Don't think I can keep it to six...this is too good not to share.

Chicky Chicky Baby

Three Dogs and a Baby

A Mommy Story

Mommy Needs A Cocktail

Playgroups are No Place for Children

Ladybug's Picnic

Petroville

Mommy Bits

Adventures Of Monkey Mama

A Deaf Mom Shares Her World

Mom To Two Scouts

Trendy Mommies

I will leave a comment on you site to let you know you've been tagged. Make sure to let me know when you post! If you aren't on this list and want to join the lemonade meme party, leave a comment below and just follow the rules.

Peace. Happy Earth Day everyone.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Very ironic you posted this today. I'll post one soon.

Anonymous said...

It really is good to look at the things in our life and realize what is truly important.

MamaMonkey said...

I just finished mine. I am so wordy...

http://mamamonkeyadventures.blogspot.com/