Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Anti-Brat Thank You

I'll be the first to admit: I don't like other people's bratty children. I think that's why I waited so long to have a child of my own - I was really afraid s/he would become a brat. As they say in Willy Wonka, it's all the parents' fault and I didn't want the blame! "I want an Oompa Loompa now!" We have a couple of years before we figure out what Carter will be...but so far, so good. Fingers crossed.

So, a quick note to all our anti-brat new little friends: thank you for being so good and listening to your parents. And parents, thank you for raising responsible, polite children. We saw the best and the worst at Disney:

Best: 4-year-old Alisa from Vermont hugging me and Henry when we got off the plane.

Worst: The two children writing on the windows with crayons as their parents drank cocktails and complained that they were put in the back of the restaurant (duh) at California Grille. Grrr....

Best: All the little children who stopped to smile and talk to Carter in his stroller.

Worse: The little punk (about 8 or 9) who really tried to trip both me and Henry as we walked through Africa in Animal Kingdom with Carter and thought it was funny.

I'll keep you posted on other good/bad sights!!

No comments: