Friday, April 11, 2008

Another Customer Service Catastrophe: CompUSA

What is it with bad customer service lately?

Twitter complaints are up and things are getting done, so I figured since the *telephone* isn't doing me any good, I would tell you about my experience.

CompUSA sold us a television back in 2005 - one of the big-screen LCD TVs that you can't easily put in a car and move around. We are not usually ones to purchase extended warranties, but after talking to friends and the rep at the store, we realized that if even a BULB goes on this thing that it will be a several hundred dollar repair. Much more than the cost of the extended warranty. OK...sign us up! Paid, TV came home, everyone was happy.

Until this week.

I've spent HOURS on the phone with poor customer service people at "Assurance Solutions" in Atlanta, GA - the person I spoke to (Mia) wouldn't give me her name or number (WHY?!?!) to contact her directly and said that the warranty I had with CompUSA was transferred to them with the specific exclusion to NOT cover TV bulbs (A $330 repair) - that the physical CompUSA stores used to cover bulbs so yes, my original contract had bulb coverage, but now that there are no more CompUSA stores, bulbs are no longer covered.

Does this sound like breech of contract to you?

I'm furious. Going to try to get in touch with CompUSA corporate. How absurd!!! I'm going on day 4 - faced with a long, rainy weekend - with NO TV because these guys can't honor a contract I paid A LOT OF MONEY FOR back in 2003.

If anyone knows how to help move this along, please email me at sarahlaliberte@yahoo.com. Thanks.

No comments: