Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Has this ever happened to you?

So, here I am, sitting at work writing a bio and my work phone rings...

****RING****

Me: Hello (and then my normal business-opening when I pick up my work phone...)

Male Caller: HOLD ON!!!!!!!!!!!

Me: OK.... (wait about 30 seconds)

Me: Hello? Is anyone there?

Male Caller: Did you hear about Jason and Nicholas? Well blah blah blah. Let's check out the mogels over there...(female voice in background...)

Me: Hello? (snicker)

Male Caller: Whew! That was a great run. (crinkle crinkle) I can't believe Nicholas did that all by himself!!! (female voice in background...)

So I hang up. I think I know who it is but emailed him and he emailed right back. Nope.

****RING****

Me: Hello (and then my normal business-opening when I pick up my work phone...again)

Male Caller: "The blue trails are to the right!"

OH NO!

****RING****

Male Caller: (female in background) Where do you think Dan is right now?

Male: Well, it's almost 4:00 so blah blah blah...

I CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHO THIS IS! Am I spying listening trying to figure it out? It's comical - but I'm not learning anything. One guy who is on the phone, another guy and a girl in the background - skiing. I'm kinda sad it's time for me to go home so I'll miss these calls - but my voicemail won't so I'll listen tomorrow. Stay tuned!

Male: You gotta stay way up top. Where are we going? Do we want to go back that way? Blue is the outside one...you guys stayed right, very nice. Yeah. Yeah. Right.

Anyone ever have this happen to them? Share your stories in the comments! Now, to figure out who this is...

AFTER NOTE: Mystery solved! I won't reveal his identity - sorry!

No comments: