Friday, February 8, 2008

Stop Snowing Already!

I love winter. The white snow, the warm jackets and hot chocolate, the fires in the fireplace...

But I've had it.

It has snowed almost every day. I have had to deal with snow storm commutes for the whole winter season and I'm sick of it. Maybe it's because I'm now a mom, but I'm downright nervous driving in the snow. I don't like taking the little man out in weather, and I want to make sure his Mommy (and Daddy!) return home in one piece from work every night. So, I hate driving in the white stuff. I wasn't always this way. The week I received my drivers license they declared a state of emergency due to a blizzard. Did I care? No! I was out there putting around in my 1988 Plymouth Reliant (aka "The Tank") - the car we inherieted from my great-grandmother (Memere). I attribute my great winter driving skills to my years of experience driving in snow.

So what gives?

Every day this week I drove in snow. On Tuesday morning when I left my house at o'dark-thirty (5:00ish) to drive to Boston the snowflakes were as big as dinner plates and it was...LIGHTNING! Seriously! It was dark and snowing and the sky would light up like noon every so often. I guess it's call "thundersnow." Truly bizzare.

And the headline today is "More Snow Likely Over Weekend: Several Inches Could Fall Saturday Afternoon."

Welcome to New Hampshire - Live Free or Die.

Hey, at least it's not ICE.




No comments: