Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Teary Commutes Stink

Some mornings are worse than others. But no matter what they say, it's never easy.

Carter is six-months-old and so much fun - he's always happy. I hate to leave that behind to go to work. It doesn't matter if you like your job or hate it - the best job in the world can't compete with the chubby theighs and a crooked smile waiting for me at home.

It's 7:32 a.m. So I give him a teary kiss and hug and as I hand him to his WONDERFUL sitter I say "See you tonight, pumpkin..."

Update: 8:52 a.m. - I cried for 42 miles on my way to work this morning. Most days aren't that bad. But I'll never get used to this.



3 comments:

Erin said...

Oh hun. HUGS. I remember those days! I had to put mine in daycare when they were 2 years and 9 mos. IT wasn't easy then either.
But on a side note... those cheeks. I want to come PINCH them!

Joni said...

Hey, I saw your blog from your comment on workingmomsblog. I know how you feel and I know it helps to know that other moms are in the same place you are. I have to have my 3 year old out the door M-F by 6:50 and I hate waking her up when she's sleeping so sweetly! We'll make it through this!

The Spunky Mommy said...

Hi "The Nesbitts" - great to have a new friend here and welcome! Glad you found me through workingmomsblog. Are you a writer? Yeah, some days ARE harder than others but it's the weekend now so I'm able to be with him until Monday! I'm very, very lucky to have a sitter who comes to our home, but I only have her until July then daycare for the little man. Sad to think but it's still 5 months away! :) Kudos on making the working mom thing "work"!