Thursday, March 6, 2008

Everyone needs to think happy thoughts...

We received some very sad news this morning - my closest uncle was rushed to the hospital overnight and when they realized how serious his condition was they brought him via ambulance to UMass Memorial Hospital. He is in for emergency surgery right now and we are all holding our breath. It's the type of call no one ever wants to receive. Things like this really make you realize that "you never know" - he went to bed feeling fine and woke up at three a.m. in a world of hurt. I talked to my aunt and she's hanging in there but just requested "happy thoughts" to get through this. I may be heading to Worcester later today. Please please please send all your good thoughts his way and I'll update when I can...

Update one day later: Good news. They seem to have caught the problem in time and he is on a long road to recovery. I didn't go to the hospital yet - visitors aren't encouraged right now - but hope to see him in a couple of days. Just the other day he said he hadn't seen my little munchkin in awhile and so I was looking forward to seeing him soon. We'll make sure we see him REALLY soon now. You just never know. Thanks for all your kind thoughts and well wishes. It worked!

1 comment:

Erin said...

oh hun. that's hard. hope he's alright. he's in my prayers

hugs