Wednesday, March 19, 2008

So $150 wasn't a bargain

We woke up this morning without hot water. Again. After it was "fixed" yesterday. Sigh...

Plus it was snowing.

And, to top it off, Spunky Baby was showing "sick" signs.

So...

Call furnace guy first who tells me he can't fix it but maybe his buddy can. So call furnace guy #2 who agrees to come over around 10:00.

Call pediatrician second. After waiting on hold for 15 minutes I get an appointment for Spunky Baby at 2:00.

Call into work. I work about an hour or so from home, depending on the traffic. With those appointment times there's NO WAY I can go to work and juggle this schedule. Plus, did I mention, it's SNOWING again?!?! I explain I have a dead furnace and a sick baby (make sure not to incite panic by mixing those two up.)
There goes my day.

The sitter watches a very cranky fussy baby while I work from home on my laptop. I feel guilty that she's dealing with him in such a foul mood and I think he just has an ear infection or something not contagious so she's OK watching him, but still... I break to talk to the furnace guy (very nice guy - Pete - he ended up being here 1.5 hrs so this isn't going to be cheap and I still have to pay for yesterday too - ugh), work again, eat lunch, work again, go to doctor's office (Spunky Baby is fine, no ear infections or anything, probably just a bug or little virus, if it gets worse call...), work again while he naps because I sent the sitter home, and then Spunky Daddy calls to tell me he's working late and will see me around 11:00 or so, so I give Spunky Baby dinner, bath, playtime, bottle and put him to bed, then check in with work email one more time just in case something came through (I try to do more when I have to work from home - I am an excellent telecommuter and I don't want anyone to think I'm slacking off...). Finally I throw in a load of laundry, do the dishes, clean up the playroom, and collapse on the couch.

Now it's 9:45 p.m. and I'm ready to fall over from exhaustion. What the heck did I do today that wore me out?!?

Goodnight, all. Hope tomorrow is better. If I don't have a hot shower in the morning, you'll hear me in San Francisco...

1 comment:

ShannanB said...

Yikes. Sounds like a crazy day. I was worn out just reading your post!