Tuesday, March 11, 2008

In Search Of...Easter Outfits!

Quick! What's the first thing that comes to mind when I say "cute Easter outfit?!?!"


I bet you thought up something like this:
I admit I did too. But I am dressing an adorable (so says I) little boy for Easter this year. So what are my options? The selection for boys stinks, the sale prices aren't as good, and you have to buy multiple pieces (pants, shirt, sweater vest, jacket, tie, etc. vs. girl dress and maybe hat.) My friend Melissa and I were discussing this little problem this morning.

The other day I went to one of my favorite second-hand children's clothing stores. I walked by three big displays of little girl Easter outfits - with all the frills, lace, flowers, hats, etc. How adorable! But I couldn't find the boys outfits. So I said to the clerk, "Could you please tell me where I can find boy Easter outfits?" and she said "Oh, they are mixed in with the girl outfits on those racks..."

I went through all the clothes on the rack from 0-12 months and I swear there had to be 100 girl outfits. How many boy outfits? 2. TWO! And neither were 1. in his size or 2. something I would put on him.

There are very few options for boys unless you want to dress them as a sailor, a bunny, or in a full suit. Plus, most Easter suits for boys have shorts. Um...in New England there's still a high degree of chance that it'll SNOW Easter day therefore he needs PANTS. Either way I'm betting I have to bundle him up in his snowsuit to head out to Easter Dinner. Poor little boys...I'm off to find something cute and appropriate for my Spunky Baby...

3 comments:

Erin said...

My Kevin was 6 months for his first Easter. I always shopped The CHildren's Place or The Disney store for clothes for the holidays -- we're BIG Disney fans. Kevin had Khaki's, an argyle sweater and a white oxford-type shirt and of course saddle shoes. NO he wasn't walking but he always had cute shoes for those events! GOOD LUCK

www.JusticeJonesie.com/blog said...

This is so true. I went Easter shopping today, and I bought THREE really cute and cheap dresses at TJ Maxx for Daughter (one that looks almost just like your picture!) and came back with nothing for the boys. I just got something in the mail from Children's Place and it looks like they have some cute options for little boys. Cute shorts with pastel vests or ties. That's the best we can do I suppose. Good luck!

justmylife said...

I have a little girl and she refuses to wear any stinkin cute Easter outfit. Her cute outfit, most likely blue jeans and a camo shirt. Big brother is a hunter, so like son, like daughter. Good Luck with your search.